At John Cross, we believe that PE is a fundamental part of the curriculum to help develop healthy bodies and healthy minds, and create an awareness of being active for life.
As well as our PE curriculum, we also have additional activities throughout the year. Some of these include:
- Being a member of the Garstang Academy Sports Partnership. This involves our children taking part in extra-curricular coaching and sports competitions held at the high school. Football, basketball, netball, glow dodgeball, curling and handball are some of the recent activities.
- Employing specialist coaches to lead activities such as tennis or multi-sports.
- Swimming lessons each week for Y5/6 with participation in the annual swimming gala.
- Residential and day visits involving adventurous activities and orienteering.
- Sponsored charity events involving runs/ obstacle courses.
- Annual Sports day.