Each year, class worship leaders are appointed in classes 2, 3 and 4. Their role is to :
1. To discuss, suggest ( and help to managed) the class worship area.
2. To participate in teacher led class worship when required by the teacher.
3. To work with the worship coordinator to plan and deliver whole school worships.
4. To discuss, plan and help lead whole school events.
5. To meet with the worship coordinator and the vicar termly to discuss worship themes.
Our worship leaders for 2022-2023.
We have 12 new worship leaders who have volunteered and then been chosen to fulfil this role.
During our second meeting, we brainstormed ideas for our school Christmas celebrations, our Remembrance reflections and our Christmas carol service.
Half of our worship leaders led collective worship this week with support from Mrs Irwin The theme of the worship was showing courage to stand up for what you believe in and trusting God to help you to succeed. The worship included the story of Daniel in the Lion's Den, puppets, lots of interaction, prayer, a song and some silent time to reflect on how this could be applied to the children's own lives. Everybody enjoyed it and took away something to think about.
The Junior Carol Service 2022
This year, two of the year 6 worship leaders led the service with all the junior worship leaders presenting a short piece about how they have worked with the school community to carry out many acts of compassion to our local community, our country and the world. In addition to this, many of the worship leaders sung in small groups or read prayers or lessons. They did a great job!
The worship leaders planned and led our Remembrance Day reflective worship. Each leader chatted with the groups as they rotated around the hall, explaining the concept and helping the other children to discuss and complete the activity. The activities focused on peace and reconciliation, forgiveness, praying for refugees, praying for world leaders, loving our neighbours and remembering and being thankful for those who have given their lives for our freedom.
Here are our worship leaders 2021-2022
The worship leaders each planned, organised and led a reflective activity for the other children in KS2 to complete. Their activities were also completed in KS1 but with an adult supervising. The atmosphere was beautiful with the children engaging calmly, respectfully and thoughtfully throughout the worship session. The focus was all about the fruits of the spirit and how we can live these out in our lives with God's help.
Towards the end of the Spring term, the whole school took part in some Easter activities which the worship leaders helped to plan, organise and run. They started the morning by leading our worship where they explained the importance of Easter and how when Jesus died on the cross, he defeated death so that everything that we have ever done wrong can be forgiven. This forgiveness enables us to be reunited with God in heaven one day.
The children were in 3 groups and completed 3 activities on a carousel:
1) The Easter story treasure hunt: In this, the children had to find different posts and answer the question about the Easter story - this was a real test of the children's knowledge as some of the questions were quite tricky.
2) The children completed a mini carousel of reflective activities about the significance of Easter including a firm favourite - fizzy forgiveness. They also were invited to write prayers if they wanted to which lined the path in the Easter garden that Year 2 had made.
3) Once the children had been reminded of the link, the participated in an egg rolling competition and an egg hunt! They finished off the morning enjoying their chocolate eggs.
The worship leaders planned and led ( with Mrs Irwin) an afternoon of thinking about the refugees in Afghanistan. They decided to run this as a sponsored event to raise money for them too. The whole school participated in groups and had to take part in lots of challenges which were similar to the ones that the refugees would be facing. This was a very thought provoking afternoon which gave everyone lots to think about.